Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Newest Baby!

Just wanted to drop the first pics of our first 737-800 as it was unloaded from the train and into the factory up in Seattle.

Ours is the one riding the crane. Some guys think that the other two are SWA as well but there is no confirmation of that yet.

This is the cleanest we will ever see her! The fun begins in less that 30 days (those Boeing guys are good). A few of the guys have gone to the Differences Training and from what I'm gathering there is not a lot that has changed with the exception of the Air conditioning system. One of the fellas shared the schematic of the -800 system with me and I like what I see. No more coallesor bags to change! Someone in the know said that the system resembles that of the 757 so that's pretty cool.

Big things are coming for us at SWA but I'm sure we can handle it.

4 comments:

  1. I found the NG's to be far more friendly maintenance wise. Like you say, there isn't a huge amount of difference but them seem more accepting of the daily slog. Still have the annoying eng bleed problems at times but I guess that's down to CFM and not Boeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous;Those engine bleed issues are bothersome. I have a buddy of mine who is working at Boeing trying to figure out the engines that are supposed to go on the 737-MAX. I guess he is the go between for Boeing and CFM, i have told him aabout the bleed issues on the -700 so I have hope for the next engines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know engines could bleed? The things a mild mannered house wife learns from blogging is amazing!

    ReplyDelete