Friday, March 8, 2013

The Man Is Trying To Shut Me Down

I have said it before and I will say it here again, "I love my job" and I love working at SWA. This is a company that has done amazing things and could very well have a bright future (depending on how we handle some of the critical things we are dealing with now).



As any one who has read my blog can plainly see from my writing I only have good things to say about working at SWA. All of my blogs are carefully written to show SWA in a very good light. I may complain about some of the people that I work with or such but never about the company.

So it was a very big surprise to find out that Corporate Security has decided to ask me to stop with the  blog. Actually I think they had a problem with my picture that I include on the blog more than anything. While I love writing this blog, my job is more important!

I always thought that I was being an ambassador for our Line Maintenance department and tried to shed light on what I think is a very misunderstood and mysterious (to many of the flying public) industry.

So, what does this mean?

Well I think I will continue my blog but I will not be able to relate many of the stories and personal accounts that happen to us. I'm sure that I can't include any pictures of SWA planes. I think that writing about the industry is ok and I'm sure that Corporate Security will not care about me reviewing tools and trends in this wacky world of aircraft maintenance. I have waited a good month to write this as I pondered how to approach this event and the above is how I plan to go about it.

NOT a SWA plane!


For those who read my blog thanks and I will continue to try and write about an industry that I fell in love with when I was 14 years old and began my journey at Aviation High School in NY.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it. Big Brother can get a bit push at times. Have they given you any SPECIFIC examples of posts that they don't like? Best wishes and I hope you are not obligated to quit the blog. That said, you won't be the first... -C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had wondered when this would happen. Your corporate security is probably nicer than my local security.
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  3. An additional thought: Since you do not make negative comments about SWA or criticize their policies in your blog posts, I think that you enjoy every right to write as you do. If they try to make your life difficult or begin some thinly veiled threats, you ought to have a lawyer friend ask them to explain EXACTLY what their complaint is. You could also stop mentioning them by name and begin calling them Orange Airlines or some such. Please don't let them push you around. I can't remember EVER seeing a post that did not reflect a positive image of your employer. If they had half a brain, they'd be encouraging your periodic posts, not trying to shut you down. Best wishes. -C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Goat, I'd like to say that I think these security people are just a bunch of butt wipes but I'm afraid they'd come after me for saying it!

    ReplyDelete