Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another Thing About This Industry


There are people who work here that feel like they must have the weekend off. I understand wanting the weekend off, but these guys act like it would be an impossibility for them to show up on the weekend. For some it is OK, those with seniority can hold weekends off. I'm talking about the guys who complain about being broke and then when I tell them that there are plenty of shifts available on the weekend they balk at the idea.
I have pretty good seniority and I work the weekend because I need the money. I miss out on all the kid activities and some social gatherings but hey, it is what it is. This industry is not one that you can typically pick and choose your work hours in. You want the cash, you make yourself available, even on the weekends. It's getting a little tiring listen to those guys. Come and join the party! Work a Sunday or Saturday with minimal staffing and low seniority pilots afraid of their own shadows! Now that's living!!
By the way thanks to SpininB for the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment