Thursday, May 13, 2010

Old Aircraft Spotlight- The Vickers VC-10




This is a new section I will be adding to the blog. I really like old airliners, so I figured every once in a while I would introduce a new-old airliner.

The first one is going to be the Vickers VC-10. I chose this one only because one of the guys in the shop (BigPart) was looking at it on line.

I don't know much about the VC-10, but it is pretty cool looking. I know it was ordered by BOAC (British Overseas Airways Corporation) and entered service about 1960ish. The plane was very well received by passengers and was the first plane to be certified for "Hands off landing" (CATIIIc). There are several web pages dedicated to the VC-10 and one on the better ones is http://www.vc10.net/


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I like this idea of spotlighting the oldies but goodies aircraft. Do one on the BAC-111 and the OMG handles! Another "Heavy Metal" airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is a great new section. Some of the great old work horses can get resurrected, if only in our thoughts and memories.

    ReplyDelete