Thursday, November 19, 2009

Good Bye To An Old Warrior

At the beginning of the year my manager called us in and we had a meeting. During the meeting he gave us the list of AC that we were retiring this year. Later that morning when I went out to my remote (moving AC from remote parking back to the terminal) I saw that AC 301 was out there (was one of the soon to be retired AC) so I snapped a couple of pics for the collection.


Fast forward 11 months and my buddy Jim sends me this pic that he found of the same AC. My poor old friend has seen better days. It's sad really. I don't know how most mechanics work out here but I tend to think of these planes as friends or even family. Seeing one like this is not a cool thing for me so-Good bye old friend, I know we had our battles but all is forgiven. Clear skies and fair weather-RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment