Thursday, November 12, 2009

Look What I Found


Like most tool junkies when I have time to kill (not often) I like to go to the tool area of the nearest big box store and browse around. I learned from hanging out with my pal and fellow airline vet, Jim, that you find some of the coolest things if you take the time to look.


In my previous post I mentioned my "Made in China" large flat blade screwdriver with the shank that goes all the way through the handle and how much I have used it in the past. Well as luck would have it I found myself in the tool section at Loew's the other day and found a set of "Demolition Screwdrivers" made by Stanley Tools. As you can see in the picture above they have shanks that go right through the handle and ends that can be beat with hammers. They are marketed as part of Stanley's Fat Max line and seem like really good drivers. The handles have rubber on them for a good grip and they are pretty stout. The only difference is that the shaft of these screwdrivers is round where as mine has a square shaft. The set has one flat blade and one large phillips tip screwdrivers.
They are "Made in The USA" for all you patriots out there and you can bet that I will be picking up the pair as soon as I can.


1 comment:

  1. you had them in your hand, what do you mean as soon can?

    ReplyDelete